Welcome

Welcome to Looney Lisa's Lines! A blog about well.. .whatever I find interesting about LIFE! It's a great big world out there and sometimes we just need to see what is going on with other people in that great big world. So come along and see where the adventure's of LIFE take me! Can't wait to see it either!

Monday, June 3, 2013


Well. .here it is. .June 3, 2013. .the last day of school. I'm always a bag of mixed emotions on the last day of school but this year seems a little  more off than usual. I have nobody to celebrate the last day of school with at my house! This is a first! My baby graduated last year but since I am employed by the school corporation I still get to celebrate the last day of school. It's been fun today to see all the little faces bringing in gifts of flowers and cookies and such for the staff and how excited they are. I look at these young mothers and want to tell them to soak every single minute in. Don't let the hustle and bustle of every day life get in the way of these precious memories. I know everyone tells you when you are a parent that it will fly by and you just kind of say "yeah" and forget about it. But it really does fly by! I could swear my kids were just starting school last week and now they are both in college and starting careers. It's going to be a different type of summer vacation at my house. .quieter. .and more time for me. . .and craft projects. .and book reading. ..sun soaking. . wine. . .no water gun fights, trips with a car load of kids to the pool. .library reading programs. . . . . .poison ivy (hopefully). . .so all you young mother's out there. .soak it all in .. and enjoy the warm summer days! They FLY by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment