Welcome

Welcome to Looney Lisa's Lines! A blog about well.. .whatever I find interesting about LIFE! It's a great big world out there and sometimes we just need to see what is going on with other people in that great big world. So come along and see where the adventure's of LIFE take me! Can't wait to see it either!

Saturday, December 27, 2014

What I learned in 2014. . .

A new year is peeking around the corner. .yeah 2015 is coming soon. It's the time of year many reflect on the past year. I am usually not one of those. Okay. .yeah I might spend a brief few moments reflecting but not something I spend much time on but for some reason I have spent a lot of time in the past 24 hours reflecting on 2014 and what I have learned. Here goes:

1. I've learned not to get attached to people. 2014 has brought me a lot of heartache in that department. I have lost people in my life that I thought would be dear friends for this crazy journey. How disappointing that has been! I have also lost people who I thought had become permanent fixtures in my children's life only to find that wasn't true either and to learn later on they weren't who I thought them to be. How disappointing and hurtful this can all be. So I have learned not to get attached to people. Real friends are extremely hard to come by!

2. Cherish your coworkers! I spend more time during the week with my coworkers than I do my family. Think about it! You see your coworkers more hours a week than you do your family. You might as well like them. It was a hard learning year in that department but I found out that my coworkers really do have my back and our relationships go way beyond the office. I am blessed to work with so many great woman who create no drama! It's amazing!

3. Parenting is just as hard when your children are adults as it is when they are three. Learning to let go to a point. .learning to parent twentysomethings is fun, interesting, challenging, strainful, exhausting and joyful. .just like when they are 3! I've learned parenting is the same no matter what the age!

4. Shoot. I don't even know what point number 4 is! Maybe I'll just stop here and add on when I figure out what all I learned in 2014. . maybe I learned that nobody read my blog! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment