Welcome

Welcome to Looney Lisa's Lines! A blog about well.. .whatever I find interesting about LIFE! It's a great big world out there and sometimes we just need to see what is going on with other people in that great big world. So come along and see where the adventure's of LIFE take me! Can't wait to see it either!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Bridgett with an "E"


This is my beautiful friend Bridgett(e) on the right! Bridgett(e) and I meet our freshman year of high school. She moved in and was in one of my classes. Honestly can't remember which one it was. But either a keyboarding class which was called typing at that time or a shorthand class. Yes we took shorthand! This is where the story of "e" on her name comes in. I would always spell her name with an "e" on the end. I had previously known one other Bridgette and yes she spelled it with an "e" on the end. I don't even remember when Bridgett(e) informed me that she didn't have an "e". It's been so long ago but ever since then I've always put an "e" in parenthesis at the end of her name. One of those silly inside jokes but I have always done it and now her name doesn't look right to me unless it's there. Then when she got married it got worse! Her married name is Alltop. .sounds and looks simple right? Well it has taken me forever to learn the correct way to spell it. .two L's? one L'? I seriously to this day still have to stop when I write and think about it! and her and hubby have been married almost 25 years!

Moving on with this story before internet and cellphones were so handy and dandy Bridgett(e) and I would write letters to each other.We live about 30 minutes from each other and it was long distance but we both enjoyed writing letters and finding fun stationary. We'd write every week to each other. Sometimes we'd just say something silly or sometimes really talk. After internet become a household item for everyone and then cell phones our letters sort of went away. I do miss getting snail mail. There is something just knowing someone took time out to send you something personal and that they were thinking of you. Bridgett(e) surprised me a few weeks ago with a beautiful Vera Bradly card in the mail with a note. So of course I needed to send her a return card just as cute! Knowing I had my Cricut Cutting system sitting in my craft room was in my favor! I haven't made a lot of cards on it but I knew this would give me something to play with and try my hand at it more. Besides I had a newspaper clipping I needed to send her.

I'm still learning on how to adjust the sizes of things on the Cricut and envelopes are so hard and learning layer pieces is even more aggravating but I'm working on it. So I decided on the cute little owl and a saying of "You're A Hoot" because Bridgett(e) keeps me laughing and the fact that she works at a lake and is around nature. So here it is!


I wrote my notes to Bridgett(e) on the inside of the oval which is the frame from the oval on the front. I forgot to take a photo of the envelope. I think this will be just the beginning of Bridgett(e) receiving cards from me! 

1 comment: