Welcome

Welcome to Looney Lisa's Lines! A blog about well.. .whatever I find interesting about LIFE! It's a great big world out there and sometimes we just need to see what is going on with other people in that great big world. So come along and see where the adventure's of LIFE take me! Can't wait to see it either!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Is wasted time really wasted time?I


"Hey! Stop watching tv! You are wasting time"

"Oh facebook is a waste of time!"

"Why are reading that? You are just wasting time!"

"Don't waste your time with that movie!"

We've all heard it. Stop wasting time! You only have so much of it! Well I keep wondering. .if I am doing what I want to do be doing is it really wasted time?

I enjoy a good television show. Is that wasted time if it's something I want to be doing? I'm not being lazy sitting there watching it. I'm usually folding laundry or working my mind on how I would handle the situation I'm watching. Sometimes I am even baking or working on a project. So if I enjoy watching tv does it make it wasted time?

So that brings me to Facebook. Yes I enjoy facebook! I enjoy seeing people's pictures and their status of life. Sure people make it look glamours or fun filled but if you are in touch with reality you know nobody has a life like that. I enjoy seeing my family and friends children grow up and grandbabies come along and new homes. It makes me feel in touch with the world and when I do see someone with a heartache I like to reach out to them in prayer or with a card or just something to make them smile. So yeah. .if I am on facebook and it's what I want to be doing. .is it really wasted time?

I enjoy a good book! Oh how I love to read! I don't get to do it as much as I use to so it's a treat when I find the time to do it. I like to read romances and biographies. I like to reach religious self help style books. I'm not a huge fan of mysteries though. I find reading lets me relax and go off into another world. Is that wrong? If I enjoy treating myself to a glass of wine or iced tea and a lawn chair and reading for an hour is that wasted time?

Movies! I guess those could fall into the same category as television. I don't go to the theater very often to see a movie. I do like doing it but it is way to expensive! But a few times a year a movie comes a long that I want to see on the big screen with a crowd of people and big tub of popcorn. Yeah sometimes it's not about the movie. .it's the experience! A dark cold room in the summer time when it is 100 degrees outside. .a diet coke and some popcorn can take the edge off the grumpies and relax me! It's not always about the movie but the experience so if I am enjoying it and it is what I want to do is it wasted time?

I'm not saying that I bypass things that I need to do. .laundry, housework, time spent with my family and friends, work among other things but really please don't tell me I am wasting my time because it's my time to decide how I spend it and if these are things I enjoy doing it then I'm not wasting it! I hope you enjoy not wasting your time the next time you do something YOU want to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment